Free Taster Workshops in the Fourth Monkey style of training
Throughout the year we offer a select number of free Taster Workshops, available to anyone aged 17+, as an opportunity to get a sense of our training, our ethos, and our building.
Led by Artistic Director & CEO Steve Green, and one of our Audition Day Panel team, our Taster Workshops offer the unique opportunity to experience the Fourth Monkey way of training, complete with ensemble work, movement, and devising, in an informal, friendly, and relaxed setting.
These workshops are perfect for applicants, theatre makers and anyone who is curious or interested in drama school training, widening their creative practice, or just those who just want to play and move!
- Complicité inspired bamboo exercises
- Ensemble based physical work
- Physical exploration through breath, impulse and connection work
- A Q&A where students can ask further questions about the work, influences, our work in the industry today, audition preparation and further development
Taster Workshop Dates
You can now book on to the below date to join us in our Taster Workshops for 2023 intake.
Thursday 11 November 2022 19:30 – 20:30 (London)
Thursday 26 January 2023 19:30 – 20:30 (London)
Thursday 23 February 2023 19:30 – 20:30 (London)
Thursday 27 April 2023 19:30 – 20:30 (London)
Please make sure to wear comfortable clothing that you can move around in, and a bottle of water.
The Monkey House is located within easy walking distance of numerous tube stations, accessed by the Northern, Piccadilly and Victoria Lines:
• Finsbury Park (Piccadilly & Victoria Line) 9 minute walk
• Archway tube (Northern Line) 21 minute walk
• Arsenal tube (Piccadilly Line) 16 minute walk
• Holloway Road tube (Piccadilly Line) 13 minute walk
• Upper Holloway (Overground) 21 minute walk
• Drayton Park (Overground) 17 minute walk
The venue is also accessible via a number of local bus routes including the numbers 4, 17, 29, 43, 91, 253, 254, 259, 263 & 271.
The Bamboo House
The Bamboo House is located within easy walking distance of the Bristol Temple Meads train station.
[I] did a free taster workshop here and loved it. Accepting atmosphere, really not a normal drama school. When I visited another school I found it super super stuffy – Fourth Monkey made me feel at home even in the small amount of time I spent there. Great drama school with an engaging nonstandard physical theatre approach.