Free taster workshops in the Fourth Monkey style of training
Each month we offer a free Taster Workshop to anyone aged 17 plus, giving you the opportunity to try our style of training and to work out whether drama school might be a good fit for you.
Led by Artistic Director Steve Green, the virtual workshops are an introduction to the Fourth Monkey way of working and include two main elements (don’t worry if these are unfamiliar, we’ll go through them on the day): a Complicité-based element on Ensemble and a Physical theatre element, with an emphasis on breath, impulse and connecting to truth through physicality. There will also be opportunity to chat with Steve about our training and future opportunities.
The workshops last for three hours and includes short breaks for notes.
- Complicité inspired bamboo exercises
- Ensemble based physical work
- Physical exploration through breath, impulse and connection work
- A Q&A with Steve where students can ask further questions about the work, influences, our work in the industry today, audition preparation and further development
Taster Workshop Dates
You can now book on to any of the below dates to join us in one of our Taster Workshop evenings.
All evenings will take place at The Monkey House, London.
27 January 19:00 – 22:00
24 March 19:00 – 22:00
26 May 19:00 – 22:00
Please make sure to wear comfortable clothing that you can move around in, and a bottle of water.
The Monkey House is located within easy walking distance of numerous tube stations, accessed by the Northern, Piccadilly and Victoria Lines:
• Finsbury Park (Piccadilly & Victoria Line) 9 minute walk
• Archway tube (Northern Line) 21 minute walk
• Arsenal tube (Piccadilly Line) 16 minute walk
• Holloway Road tube (Piccadilly Line) 13 minute walk
• Upper Holloway (Overground) 21 minute walk
• Drayton Park (Overground) 17 minute walk
The venue is also accessible via a number of local bus routes including the numbers 4, 17, 29, 43, 91, 253, 254, 259, 263 & 271.
[I] did a free taster workshop here and loved it. Accepting atmosphere, really not a normal drama school. When I visited another school I found it super super stuffy – Fourth Monkey made me feel at home even in the small amount of time I spent there. Great drama school with an engaging nonstandard physical theatre approach.